Monday, August 20, 2012

lasagna cupcakes

Lasagna?  Yes, please.  Cupcakes?  Even better.  The other day, I teased you with the thought of lasagna cupcakes and the verdict is in...they were DELISH!  My husband ate 10 of them!  TEN!
Based on the recipe by Emily Bites, I adapted it for our dietary needs; I'm vegetarian, so I used meatless crumbles and I used ground turkey for Mr J&C.



This was so quick and easy, and definitely will be made again!

First, spray your cupcake pan with a little baking spray.  Then, line them with one wonton square and put a little spoonful of ricotta in each one.

Next, add your meat.


Top that with sauce and then sprinkle with mozzerella and parmesean.



Finally, repeat your layers beginning with the wonton square . . . I even made up a little jingle so I would remember the steps: wrapper, meat, sauce, cheese, cheese, repeat!  Once your second layer is on, it is time for the oven!  Bake at 375 for about 18-20 minutes and then let cool for about 5 minutes before taking out of the muffin pan.  I made all twelve (6 for me and 6 for Mr. J&C, but I only ate two and he ate the rest!).


Here's your ingredient list and recipe:

1/2 pound lean ground beef, turkey or meatless crumbles
1-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
16 wonton wrappers {I found mine in the produce section by the lettuce bags}
4oz Ricotta cheese
1 cup pasta sauce
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1-1/2oz parmasean cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly mist your muffin tin with a cooking spray
2. In a skillet, add your meat and Italian seasoning until browned and cooked all the way through.
3. Push a wonton square into the bottom of each muffin cup and spoon your ricotta evenly into them.  I didn't mesure anything, so I just took a regular spoonful and dumped it in.
4. Add some meat.
5. Add some sauce.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmasean over top.
7. Repeat layers, beginning with your wonton square.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and let them cool down some before removing from the pan.
9. Enjoy this unusal take on lasagna!


Until next time,



2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I just discovered your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower -- hope you can check mine out too! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try these! Lasagna is my favorite!! I'm pinning this on my Dinner Recipes board.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Mingle Blog Hop! I am following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete