Friday, July 13, 2012

The best ships...

You may have seen this project over at One Artsy Mama ... I just LOVE it, and it looks perfect in my son's room!  It was super easy to do, and most of the supplies I had on hand, or used a coupon for!


A while back I saw this quote in a PBK catalog and just fell in LOVE with it!  My son's room is nautical themed {mixed with a little Thomas and Angry Birds}, and I just knew that somehow I wanted to incorporate this saying in there.

SUPPLIES:
piece of unfinished wood (mine was 16x20, bought at local craft store)
white paint
navy blue paint
vinyl
vinyl pick tool
patience {lots of it}

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
  • I started by painting my unfinished wood white
  • I broke out my silhouette cameo and printed out my saying; because my wood (16x20) was larger than my vinyl (12x24), I had to print it out on two different pieces of vinyl and match up later {see pics}
  • I transferred the vinyl on to the adhesive and lined up to fit on the wood and rubbed the letters on
  • Then, I peeled off the adhesive so that the letters were left on the white wood
  • Next, I painted the whole thing navy blue.  Let dry. Repeat.
  • After the paint was dry, I took my vinyl picking tool and carefully peeled away each letter.  Here's where that patience comes in. ;o)
  • Finally, I lightly distressed the edges so the white would show through!
Easy peasy, right?!  I LOVE how it came out and I hope that you do too!

Until next time,







No comments:

Post a Comment